Milk or More? By Josh McDowell

 Milk or More?


Bible Reading: Hebrews 5:12-14

You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures. You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. Hebrews 5:12


MOST THINGS IN life go in a certain order. Babies crawl before they walk and drink milk before they eat solid food. Little kids ride a bike with training wheels before they take off on a two-wheeler. Teens get a temporary driver's permit that allows them to drive with an adult before they're allowed to drive on their own.

The Christian life goes in a certain order, too. When we're newborn Christians, we need to master the basics: knowing our own sinfulness; needing God's forgiveness and love through the gift of his Son, Jesus; desiring to forgive others. As we grow in Christ, the lessons we learn go deeper as we face the day-to-day decisions between right and wrong.

"Do I cheat on a test to get the grade I need so I can go on the youth group work project this weekend?"

"Do I lie to my parents and tell them my homework is finished so I can go to a concert tonight?"

"Do I throw food at my baby sister because she stuck out her tongue at me?"


To Read the Rest Click Here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TKSST: The Great Wave off Kanagawa, a 50,000 brick LEGO time-lapse

TKSST: A 15-color rainbow spiral made with 12,000 dominoes

TKSST: Cardboard Super Mario Game